David D. Dickerson Sr.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Law
- Real Estate Law
- Collections/Creditor's Rights
As founder and president of the firm, Mr. Dickerson's philosophy is to serve all clients with the highest degree of attention to detail, while relentlessly advocating their legal rights.
This requires thoroughly gathering all relevant facts, working closely with his clients to discover all witnesses and evidence and meticulously preparing all parties for trial. Mr. Dickerson believes that this thorough preparation for trial leads either to a greater chance for a good and reasonable settlement, or if necessary, obtaining the most favorable verdicts if the court or jury must ultimately make the final decision.
With over 38 years of distinguished experience in civil litigation, he has concentrated in personal injury, medical malpractice, family law, criminal law, real estate transactions and landlord tenant law. His achievements of winning results for his clients are widely recognized in the legal community.
- A graduate of the William and Mary School of Law in 1968, Mr. Dickerson began his trial experience as Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney for the City of Virginia Beach, where he successfully prosecuted scores of major felony cases from assault to rape and murder (1968-1971).
- Legal Counsel for the Tidewater Multi-Family Housing Council and Board Member for the Tidewater Builders' Council/ Tidewater Builders' Association, 1980-present.
- Past Legal Representative and member of Medical Malpractice Review panels for Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Past member of the Second District Legal Ethics Council for the Virginia State Bar.
- Prosecuted numerous claims for plaintiffs in major medical malpractice actions, personal injury cases, complex real estate litigation and employment law, resulting in significant verdicts and settlements.
- Represented major corporations in prosecution of civil trial matters involving trade secret violations and awarded favorable and substantial verdicts for clients including not only monetary recovery, but also injunctive relief.
- Prosecuted high-profile domestic relations and divorce cases.
- Founded first major computer processing system involving creditor's rights and in particular, landlord/tenant matters for General District Court cases in Eastern Virginia.
- Retired Commander, US Naval Reserve who served as Legal Officer while on active duty (1961-1965).
- Successfully defended major Federal Drug and Sherman Anti-Trust prosecutions in the US District Court, 4th Circuit, Norfolk.
- Redrafted numerous major procedural and substantive law changes to the Virginia Code and was instrumental in ensuring passage of said changes through the Virginia General Assembly.
- Widely lectured and conducted seminars on personal injury law, real estate law and landlord/tenant law.
- Virginia State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers' Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Gateway Bank
- Foundation Board College of William & Mary School of Law from 1999 2005
- Board of Directors TMHC, Tidewater Builders Association
- BA College of William and Mary 1961
- US Naval Justice School 1963
- Juris Doctor Degree from William & Mary School of Law in 1968
- Graduate of Prosecuting Attorney's School, Northwestern University, 1970.
- College of William and Mary School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. - 1968
- College of William and Mary
- B.A. - 1961
- American Bar Association, Member
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Virginia Beach Bar Association, Member
- Norfolk/Portsmouth Bar Association, Member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Virginia State Bar Medical Malpractice Review Panel, Member
- Tidewater Multi-Family Housing Council, Legal Counsel
- Virginia Builders Association, Legal Representative
- Tidewater Builders Association, Member
- American Collectors Association, Member
- Tidewater Multi-Family Housing Counsel, Board Member
- Former Assistant Commonwealth Attorney
Current Employment Position